Several years ago, I happened upon Sarah's Instagram shortly after her 4-year-old daughter, Jade, had been diagnosed with cancer. I felt the pull to help Jade and her family in the only way I could - prayer and monetary donations. I created a design and started a fundraiser that resulted in me swimming in jade-colored t-shirts up to my eyeballs and allowed me to make a donation to their family.
A little over a year ago, we lost my cousin Nikki to a years-long battle with breast cancer that left her husband and 3 young children without an amazing wife and mother. In the foyer of their home hangs a sign that says "be the light" - a bible verse she strived to live by and teach her children to live by.
Earlier this year, Sarah shared about a new fundraiser she and a team of her friends were participating in and I told her I wanted to help or donate in some way. Recently, she reached out about help creating shirts for her team. The theme of the fundraiser is "Light the Way" and her team had landed on "be the light" for their team shirts.
Proceeds from these shirts will go to the Light the Way fundraiser that benefits the American Childhood Cancer Organization.
- Pigment-dyed sweatshirts for that worn-in, vintage feel.
- Thread color is the same as sweatshirts for a subtle and popular tone-on-tone look.
- Unisex fit. Your typical size will fit relaxed and sit at the hip. Size up for an oversized look.
- Adult style is a crew neck. Youth style is a hoodie.
- Youth sizing is as follows: XS (4-5), S (6-8), M (10-12), L (14-16)